It's 10:07 PM on Monday night. I go upstairs to get ready for bed and check in on the kids to make sure they are covered up and ready for a blissful night of sleep. Ethan is sleeping peacefully, Ashlyn is snuggled in bed surrounded by countless stuffed animals, and Emma is...Emma is...not in her bed. She's not in Ashlyn's bed. She's not underneath her bed. She's not in my room. She's not in my bathroom. She's not in the kid's bathroom. She's not in the closet...okay, I'm getting a little panicky now. I solicit Josh's help. She's not in the toy room downstairs, not the kitchen, not the garage, not the living room....where could she be???!!! Back upstairs...there's one place we haven't looked - the toy box. Yes, my friends, Emma had climbed into the toy box, shut the lid, and fallen asleep. What could be more cozy than sleeping in a crammed box on top of your toys? Definitely not your bed.:)
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment