The watermelon turned out great--it was small but pretty tasty. The watermelon ended up being the pride of our garden.
Before I comment on the pumpkins and cucumbers, I want to warn everyone that 1) wasps hold grudges, 2) they communicate with bees, and 3) they plan revenge together. Last summer and this summer, I've had an on going war with the wasps that try to attach their homes to our home. Most of these wars start with me spraying their homes with a hose, then spraying them as they get near me, then spraying myself or kids around me because the wasp got too close, and then me really getting upset and making sure that wasp never returns. The last part has to do with me gunning the wasp down and giving it the nice stomp down.
The wasps had the last laugh this year since they persuaded the bees to demonstrate the power of cross-pollination with the cucumbers and the pumpkins. See the picture below. We officially have green pumpkins and orange cucumbers. Maybe we'll carve all of them for Halloween. Anyone for pumpbers and cucumkins?
No comments:
Post a Comment